Documentation for migration between v1.4.3 & V.2.3.x

Documentation for migration between v1.4.3 & V.2.3.x

insaneyogi
Hello,
        I am to migrate our application that uses Lucene v1.4.3 to the latest version of Lucene , as part of this effort I need to document the changes that we need to be cognizant of & any potential gotcha's .Does anybody know of any documentation that provides the data that is required to perform this migration or just a general pointer as to where I can look for such data .

Regards

RE: Documentation for migration between v1.4.3 & V.2.3.x

steve_rowe
Hi insaneyogi,

This list is not subscribed to by a lot of people - try using the [hidden email] list for better response times and more/better answers.

See below for more info.

On 05/30/2008 at 6:17 PM, insaneyogi wrote:
>         I am to migrate our application that uses Lucene v1.4.3 to the
> latest version of Lucene , as part of this effort I need to document
> the changes that we need to be cognizant of & any potential gotcha's .
> Does anybody know of any documentation that provides the data that
> is required to perform this migration or just a general pointer as to
> where I can look for such data .

Check the Lucene FAQ:

"How do I get code written for Lucene 1.4.x to work with Lucene 2.x?"
<http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-86d479476c63a2579e867b75d4faa9664ef6cf4d>

Beyond 2.0, you can check CHANGES.txt for information that might be useful:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/tags/lucene_2_3_2/CHANGES.txt

Steve