Does Solr replicate data securely

Pushkar Raste
Hi,
When slaves/pull replicas copy index files from master is done using an
secure protocol or just over tcp?
— Pushkar Raste

Re: Does Solr replicate data securely

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
You choose. If you use solr cloud and have enabled ssl in your cluster, then all requests including replication will be secure (https). This it is still tcp but using TLS :)

Jan Høydahl

> 6. nov. 2019 kl. 00:03 skrev Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
> When slaves/pull replicas copy index files from master is done using an
> secure protocol or just over tcp?
> — Pushkar Raste

Re: Does Solr replicate data securely

Pushkar Raste
Hi,
How about in the master/slave set up. If I enable ssl in master/slave setup
would the segment and config files be copied using TLS.

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:31 PM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You choose. If you use solr cloud and have enabled ssl in your cluster,
> then all requests including replication will be secure (https). This it is
> still tcp but using TLS :)
>
> Jan Høydahl
>
> > 6. nov. 2019 kl. 00:03 skrev Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> > When slaves/pull replicas copy index files from master is done using an
> > secure protocol or just over tcp?
> > — Pushkar Raste

Re: Does Solr replicate data securely

Pushkar Raste
Hi,
Can some help me with my question.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 10:20 AM Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> How about in the master/slave set up. If I enable ssl in master/slave
> setup would the segment and config files be copied using TLS.
>
> On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:31 PM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> You choose. If you use solr cloud and have enabled ssl in your cluster,
>> then all requests including replication will be secure (https). This it is
>> still tcp but using TLS :)
>>
>> Jan Høydahl
>>
>> > 6. nov. 2019 kl. 00:03 skrev Pushkar Raste <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> > When slaves/pull replicas copy index files from master is done using an
>> > secure protocol or just over tcp?
>> > --
>> > — Pushkar Raste

— Pushkar Raste

Re: Does Solr replicate data securely

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Yes, if you are using TLS for running Solr, the replication will happen
using TLS