Early termination in Lucene 8

weiwang19
Hi,

I am excited to see Lucene 8 introduced BlockMax WAND as a major speed
improvement https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8135.  My question
is, how does it integrate with facet request,  when the numFound won't be
exact? I did some search but haven't found any documentation on this. Any
pointer is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Wei

Re: Early termination in Lucene 8

Mikhail Khludnev-2
If one creates query parser wrapping queries with WAND it just produce
incomplete docset (I guess), which will be passed to facet component and
produce fewer counts.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Early termination in Lucene 8

weiwang19
Thanks Mikhail.  Do you know of any example on query parser with WAND?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 1:02 AM Mikhail Khludnev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If one creates query parser wrapping queries with WAND it just produce
> incomplete docset (I guess), which will be passed to facet component and
> produce fewer counts.
>
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 2:11 AM Wei <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am excited to see Lucene 8 introduced BlockMax WAND as a major speed
> > improvement https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8135.  My
> > question
> > is, how does it integrate with facet request,  when the numFound won't be
> > exact? I did some search but haven't found any documentation on this. Any
> > pointer is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Best,
> > Wei
> >

> --