Edismax bq(boost query) with filter range on score

Edismax bq(boost query) with filter range on score

Raboah, Avi
Hi,

In order to use solr boost mechanism for specific text I use the bq field under deftype=edisMax.

For example -
q=*:*&deftype=edisMax&bq=text:"phrase"^3&fl=*,score

after I do this query I get the relevant documents boosted with the solr calculation score.
Now my question is there a way to do a filter range on the score?

Thanks.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

Re: Edismax bq(boost query) with filter range on score

Paras Lehana
Hi Raboah,

What do you mean by filter range? Please post expected result. Do you want
to put an fq on the score?

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 at 17:54, Raboah, Avi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to use solr boost mechanism for specific text I use the bq field
> under deftype=edisMax.
>
> For example -
> q=*:*&deftype=edisMax&bq=text:"phrase"^3&fl=*,score
>
> after I do this query I get the relevant documents boosted with the solr
> calculation score.
> Now my question is there a way to do a filter range on the score?
>
> Thanks.
>

> This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential
> information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The
> information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
> entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or
> authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not
> use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information
> contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in
> error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
*
*

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

RE: Edismax bq(boost query) with filter range on score

Raboah, Avi
That's right,

I check something like this fq={!frange l=0 u=5}query($bq)

And it's partially work but it's not return the documents with score = 1.0

Do you know why?

Thanks.
What do you mean by filter range? Please post expected result. Do you want to put an fq on the score?

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 at 17:54, Raboah, Avi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to use solr boost mechanism for specific text I use the bq
> field under deftype=edisMax.
>
> For example -
> q=*:*&deftype=edisMax&bq=text:"phrase"^3&fl=*,score
>
> after I do this query I get the relevant documents boosted with the
> solr calculation score.
> Now my question is there a way to do a filter range on the score?
>
> Thanks.
>

> This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential
> information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or
> subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the
> individual(s) or
> entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or
> authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may
> not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any
> information contained in this message. If you have received this
> electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142, Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
*
*

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

Re: Edismax bq(boost query) with filter range on score

Paras Lehana
I was just going to suggest you frange. You're already using it.

Please post the whole query. Have you confirmed that by removing the
frange, you are able to see the documents with score=1.0.

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 14:21, Raboah, Avi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's right,
>
> I check something like this fq={!frange l=0 u=5}query($bq)
>
> And it's partially work but it's not return the documents with score = 1.0
>
> Do you know why?
>

> Thanks.

Thanks for your fast response!

Without the frange I get all the documents with the score field from 1.0 (default score) to max score after boosting.

When I add the frange for example
bq=text:"Phrase"^3&defType=edismax&fl=*,score&fq={!frange  l=0 u=3 inclusive=true}query($bq)&q=*:*&rows=2000

I get all the documents with score between (1.0 < score < 4.0) although lower bound equal to 0.

Thanks.

I was just going to suggest you frange. You're already using it.

Please post the whole query. Have you confirmed that by removing the frange, you are able to see the documents with score=1.0.

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 14:21, Raboah, Avi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's right,
>
> I check something like this fq={!frange l=0 u=5}query($bq)
>
> And it's partially work but it's not return the documents with score =
> 1.0
>
> Do you know why?
>

> Thanks.

I don't know if this inclusive works though I know that incl is for
including the lower bound and incu is for including the upper bound.

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 16:49, Raboah, Avi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your fast response!
>
> Without the frange I get all the documents with the score field from 1.0
> (default score) to max score after boosting.
>
> When I add the frange for example
> bq=text:"Phrase"^3&defType=edismax&fl=*,score&fq={!frange  l=0 u=3
> inclusive=true}query($bq)&q=*:*&rows=2000
>
> I get all the documents with score between (1.0 < score < 4.0) although
> lower bound equal to 0.
>
> Thanks.

I am using solr 7.6.0 and I try to check the incl and incu I get the same result for true or false

I don't know if this inclusive works though I know that incl is for including the lower bound and incu is for including the upper bound.

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 16:49, Raboah, Avi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your fast response!
>
> Without the frange I get all the documents with the score field from
> 1.0 (default score) to max score after boosting.
>
> When I add the frange for example
> bq=text:"Phrase"^3&defType=edismax&fl=*,score&fq={!frange  l=0 u=3
> inclusive=true}query($bq)&q=*:*&rows=2000
>
> I get all the documents with score between (1.0 < score < 4.0)
> although lower bound equal to 0.
>
> Thanks.

I check the frange on another field and not on query($bq) for some reason on schema field it's filter in the right way and I get all the relevant values,
But when I do the filter on the return score from query($bq) the upper and the lower bound behave different and in addition I didn't get the documents with default score equal to 1.0