Embedded Solr

Greg Georges
Hello all,

I am using Solr in a Java architecture right now, and the results are great. The app development team has asked me if it is possible to embed Solr, but the request is to embed it into a C++ app and mac app using objective C. I do not have much knowledge on embedded Solr. Does it need a JVM? Is what they are asking me possible and are there any resources for it? Thanks

Greg

Re: Embedded Solr

Billnbell
Yes it needs java to run

Bill Bell
Sent from mobile

On Mar 21, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Greg Georges <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am using Solr in a Java architecture right now, and the results are great. The app development team has asked me if it is possible to embed Solr, but the request is to embed it into a C++ app and mac app using objective C. I do not have much knowledge on embedded Solr. Does it need a JVM? Is what they are asking me possible and are there any resources for it? Thanks
>
> Greg

Re: Embedded Solr

Paul Libbrecht-4
Greg,

I guess the question is related to the app-store's ban of java.
If you follow the [hidden email] mailing list you'll see that a full JVM is a problem but that skimmed, self-installed JVMs have been ok at least once.
SOLR is under the family of things that do not need a gui so you do a little chance to skim-down efficiently into something that doesn't rely on a pre-installed jvm.

I believe the results' of such an experiment interest this list (and the list above).

paul