Enabling Lint

Daniel Templeton
Newbish question:  when I'm building locally, I'm not getting the lint
warnings, and no amount of fiddling with the POMs is having any effect.
This feels like something that that should already be a solved issue
that I'm just not grokking.  If I run javac by hand, I get the
warnings.  What am I doing wrong?

Daniel

Re: Enabling Lint

Chris Nauroth
Hi Daniel,

By default, our Maven configuration does not include the lint warnings.
However, there is a profile named test-patch that enables the lint
warnings.  This profile is used by our Jenkins pre-commit process, so
that's why pre-commit runs are able to detect these warnings.

I think the easiest way to get the lint warnings locally is to run mvn
with the test-patch profile enabled explicitly, like this:

mvn -o -Ptest-patch clean package -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true

--Chris Nauroth