End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

Andrzej Białecki-2
Hi all,

I'd like to initiate the discussion about the EOL status of Nutch 0.7.x
branch. The question is whether we want to actively support it, whether
we have enough resources to make any new releases or apply patches that
sit in JIRA?

My opinion is that we should mark it EOL, and close all JIRA issues that
are relevant only to 0.7.x, with the status Won't Fix.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

Dennis Kubes-2
+1.

Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to initiate the discussion about the EOL status of Nutch 0.7.x
> branch. The question is whether we want to actively support it, whether
> we have enough resources to make any new releases or apply patches that
> sit in JIRA?
>
> My opinion is that we should mark it EOL, and close all JIRA issues that
> are relevant only to 0.7.x, with the status Won't Fix.

Re: End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

Yousef Ourabi-3
+1

Nothing is sacred.

On 1/17/08, Dennis Kubes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1.
>
> Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to initiate the discussion about the EOL status of Nutch 0.7.x
> > branch. The question is whether we want to actively support it, whether
> > we have enough resources to make any new releases or apply patches that
> > sit in JIRA?
> >
> > My opinion is that we should mark it EOL, and close all JIRA issues that
> > are relevant only to 0.7.x, with the status Won't Fix.

Re: End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

chrismattmann
+1

On 1/17/08 12:49 PM, "Dennis Kubes" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1.
>
> Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to initiate the discussion about the EOL status of Nutch 0.7.x
>> branch. The question is whether we want to actively support it, whether
>> we have enough resources to make any new releases or apply patches that
>> sit in JIRA?
>>
>> My opinion is that we should mark it EOL, and close all JIRA issues that
>> are relevant only to 0.7.x, with the status Won't Fix.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
[hidden email]
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project
Jet Propulsion Laboratory            Pasadena, CA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246

Disclaimer:  The opinions presented within are my own and do not reflect

New Developer

Ahmad Dahlan
Hi, I'am new to Nutch.
But according to its feature I will use it as a basis of my application. I want to implement
Citation Analysis and PageRank in Nutch as part of my dissertation.
At the moment I just started as a user. I use Windows XP with ApacheTomcat6, Cygwin, jdk1.6.0_03,
and Nutch-0.9. It's worked.
I found some problems in crawling such as "'/bin/nutch: line 15: `case "`uname`" in ", "timed
out", "no suitable parser for pdf" and others more. I found the solution for the first problem and
the crawler works fine. The second, third and other problems I am still working on them. If there
anybody kindly help me I will greatly appreciate.

But my objection is on the other side. I want to develop citation index and PageRank index from
the repository, and later provide those features to the searchers. I don't know where to start.
Does anybody kindly give me a hint? Thank you very much.

dahlan

Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

Sami Siren-2

  Sami Siren

Re: End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

Cuong Le Manh
+1

On Jan 18, 2008 3:38 AM, Andrzej Bialecki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to initiate the discussion about the EOL status of Nutch 0.7.x
> branch. The question is whether we want to actively support it, whether
> we have enough resources to make any new releases or apply patches that
> sit in JIRA?
>
> My opinion is that we should mark it EOL, and close all JIRA issues that
> are relevant only to 0.7.x, with the status Won't Fix.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej Bialecki     <><
>  ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________
> http://www.sigram.com  Contact: info at sigram dot com

Re: End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

Jérôme Charron-2
+1

--
Jérôme Charron
Directeur Technique @ WebPulse
Tous les goûts sont dans la nature, les vôtres sont sur
http://www.shopreflex.com

Re: End-Of-Life status for 0.7.x?

Doğacan Güney-3
+1