Example code in documentation?

Nick Burch-2
Hi All

Currently, we have some example code on the website, and some in the wiki,
neither of which gets checked to ensure it compiles, neither unit tested.
However, it is easy to add

I've noticed that a couple of ASF projects now have their example code in
svn, and use a new-ish cms feature to pull in the snippets inline in their
pages: https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/scaling_down_the_cms_to

What do people think about our examples and code snippets? Simplest to
leave as we do now? Or maybe worth changing to be in svn + included?
(Assuming we can do that for a non-cms maven site?)

Nick

Re: Example code in documentation?

Michael McCandless-2
+1 to make sure the example snippets compile!  We could use this in Lucene too.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com