Excluding a block join filter query during faceting

Excluding a block join filter query during faceting

Srijan
I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.

I have a parent block join query to return parent documents when child
documents are matched.
Eg:
q=<some text>
&fq={!parent which="my_doc_type:Parent"}child_doc_some_field:("30")

I now want to facet on certain parent field but want to exclude the above
filter query condition entirely. If I had a normal filter query,
fq={!tag=test}parent_doc_field1:("30") then I could use that as my exclude
tag while faceting.
facet.field={!ex=test}parent_doc_field2&...

But turns out I cannot do that with a block join filter query. Is there
anyway I can achieve this? JSON faceting with domain filter capability will
probably solve my problem but I cannot use JSON faceting at this point.

Thanks a lot,

Srijan Nepal

Re: Excluding a block join filter query during faceting

Mikhail Khludnev-2
Why do you think it doesn't work?
&fq={!parent tag=test

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Excluding a block join filter query during faceting

Srijan
Oh wow, I feel stupid. I was trying {*!parent* which="my_doc_type:Parent"
*!tag*=test}<child condition>. Thanks a lot.