Extending scoring plugin

Jacob Brunson
I'm only a moderately experienced java programmer, so I was hoping I
could get a few pointers about where to begin on a particular problem.

I want to increase the score of a search result if the title contains
the search query and the site is from a particular site.

I thought that I could do this by extending the OPICScoringFilter
class.  Is this the best way to handle this problem, or is there a
different more preferred way?

http://JacobBrunson.com

Re: Extending scoring plugin

Stefan Groschupf-2
> I'm only a moderately experienced java programmer, so I was hoping I
> could get a few pointers about where to begin on a particular problem.
>
> I want to increase the score of a search result if the title contains
> the search query and the site is from a particular site.

Take a look to the nutch-default.xml there you already can configure
the wight of that.

Stefan

On 7/13/06, Stefan Groschupf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm only a moderately experienced java programmer, so I was hoping I
> > could get a few pointers about where to begin on a particular problem.
> >
> > I want to increase the score of a search result if the title contains
> > the search query and the site is from a particular site.
>
> Take a look to the nutch-default.xml there you already can configure
> the wight of that.

Sorry, maybe I should have made myself a little more clear.  I know I
can increase the boost generally on title matches, but what I want is
to further increase the boost on title matches ONLY IF the url is from
domain XYZ.com

http://JacobBrunson.com

Re: Extending scoring plugin

Andrzej Białecki-2
Jacob Brunson wrote:
> orry, maybe I should have made myself a little more clear.  I know I
> can increase the boost generally on title matches, but what I want is
> to further increase the boost on title matches ONLY IF the url is from
> domain XYZ.com

Depending on whether you need this change to carry across the crawls
(i.e. to affect the score values inside the database) you could
implement it as a ScoringFilter, or if you only need to affect the
search-time ranking - as an IndexingFilter. In the latter case, the
score values in crawldb would not be affected.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><