FAQ for Hbase updated

Billy Pearson-2
Can we get someone who has written java apps that work with hbase update the
example on this page
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/FAQ

I thank there is some bugs in there that need to be addressed
example:
desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("content:"));there are 3 ('s
bit only 2 )'s and I get a error when I try to run this with
javacaddtable.java:22: ')' expected
                desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("content:"));
                                                                          ^
addtable.java:23: ')' expected
                desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("anchor:"));

I am new to java so bugs like the above make it that much harder to
understand and get hbase working with there tests

Thanks
Billy

Re: FAQ for Hbase updated

stack-3
Fixed.  Sorry about that.
St.Ack
P.S. Be sure to check out the hbase unit tests if you're looking for
more on how to write hbase-ise.

Billy wrote:

> Can we get someone who has written java apps that work with hbase update the
> example on this page
> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/FAQ
>
> I thank there is some bugs in there that need to be addressed
> example:
> desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("content:"));there are 3 ('s
> bit only 2 )'s and I get a error when I try to run this with
> javacaddtable.java:22: ')' expected
>                 desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("content:"));
>                                                                           ^
> addtable.java:23: ')' expected
>                 desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("anchor:"));
>

> I am new to java so bugs like the above make it that much harder to
> understand and get hbase working with there tests
>
> Thanks
> Billy

Re: FAQ for Hbase updated

Billy Pearson-2
I can code just about anything I need in php and java is some what the same
in code style so I can almost read and understand what its doing. What would
be help full is a sample map/reduce reading from one column write result
back to sec column script for hbase so I could work with it and build off
it. I seen the TestTableMapReduce.class but its a little over complex for me
to start with.

Billy

"stack" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Fixed.  Sorry about that.
> St.Ack
> P.S. Be sure to check out the hbase unit tests if you're looking for more
> on how to write hbase-ise.
>
> Billy wrote:
>> Can we get someone who has written java apps that work with hbase update
>> the example on this page
>> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/FAQ
>>
>> I thank there is some bugs in there that need to be addressed
>> example:
>> desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("content:"));there are 3
>> ('s bit only 2 )'s and I get a error when I try to run this with
>> javacaddtable.java:22: ')' expected
>>                 desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new
>> Text("content:"));
>>
>> ^
>> addtable.java:23: ')' expected
>>                 desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new
>> Text("anchor:"));
>>

>> I am new to java so bugs like the above make it that much harder to
>> understand and get hbase working with there tests
>>
>> Thanks
>> Billy

Re: FAQ for Hbase updated

stack-3
I made a start here: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/MapReduce.

Of note, hbase+MR in TRUNK is broke, at least for hbase as source, until
the fixes for MapWritable and TableInputFormat go in (HADOOP-2244 and
HADOOP-2234).

St.Ack

Billy wrote:

> I can code just about anything I need in php and java is some what the same
> in code style so I can almost read and understand what its doing. What would
> be help full is a sample map/reduce reading from one column write result
> back to sec column script for hbase so I could work with it and build off
> it. I seen the TestTableMapReduce.class but its a little over complex for me
> to start with.
>
> Billy
>

> "stack" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>
>> Fixed.  Sorry about that.
>> St.Ack
>> P.S. Be sure to check out the hbase unit tests if you're looking for more
>> on how to write hbase-ise.
>>
>> Billy wrote:
>>
>>> Can we get someone who has written java apps that work with hbase update
>>> the example on this page
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/FAQ
>>>
>>> I thank there is some bugs in there that need to be addressed
>>> example:
>>> desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new Text("content:"));there are 3
>>> ('s bit only 2 )'s and I get a error when I try to run this with
>>> javacaddtable.java:22: ')' expected
>>>                 desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new
>>> Text("content:"));
>>>
>>> ^
>>> addtable.java:23: ')' expected
>>>                 desc.addFamily(new HColumnDescriptor(new
>>> Text("anchor:"));
>>>

>>> I am new to java so bugs like the above make it that much harder to
>>> understand and get hbase working with there tests
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Billy

Re: FAQ for Hbase updated

Billy Pearson-2
Ok I see the two bugs you said we where waiting on have been committed to
the trunk what else are we waiting on to be able to do map reduce with
hbase?

Billy

"stack" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>I made a start here: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/MapReduce.
>
> Of note, hbase+MR in TRUNK is broke, at least for hbase as source, until
> the fixes for MapWritable and TableInputFormat go in (HADOOP-2244 and
> HADOOP-2234).
>
> St.Ack
>

> Billy wrote:
>> I can code just about anything I need in php and java is some what the
>> same in code style so I can almost read and understand what its doing.
>> What would be help full is a sample map/reduce reading from one column
>> write result back to sec column script for hbase so I could work with it
>> and build off it. I seen the TestTableMapReduce.class but its a little
>> over complex for me to start with.
>>
>> Billy
>>

>> "stack" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:[hidden email]...
>>
>>> Fixed.  Sorry about that.
>>> St.Ack
>>> P.S. Be sure to check out the hbase unit tests if you're looking for
>>> more on how to write hbase-ise.

Re: FAQ for Hbase updated

stack-3
Billy wrote:
> Ok I see the two bugs you said we where waiting on have been committed to
> the trunk what else are we waiting on to be able to do map reduce with
> hbase?

Thats all that the issues that I currently know about.  Let us know if
you run into anything.
St.Ack