FW: multicore

Neha Bhardwaj

From: Neha Bhardwaj [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:52 PM
To: '[hidden email]'
Subject: multicore

Hi,

I need to create multiple cores for my project.

I need to know:

 how to have multiple cores ?

can we start all cores from single startup file or we need to start all
independently?

I need  a way by which I can start all of them in one go.

Thanks

Neha

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: FW: multicore

Marc Sturlese

>>how to have multiple cores ?
You need a solr.xml file in the root of your solr home. In this solr.xml you will inicalize the cores. In this same folder you will have a folder per core with its /conf and /data. Every core has it's own solrconfig.xml and schema.xml.
If you grap a nighlty build you will see a config example in there.
Every thing is proper explained in the solr core wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

>>can we start all cores from single startup file or we need to start all
>>independently?

>>I need  a way by which I can start all of them in one go.
Once you have your cores configures in wour webapp, all of the will be loaded automatically when you start your server.

Neha Bhardwaj wrote

==========

RE: FW: multicore

Neha Bhardwaj
Hi,
Thanks a lot ...
But still I am not very clear with creating multiple cores.
I read the document(wiki)but was not able to understand it properly.

Also how to index data in particular core.
Say.. we have core0 and core1 in multicore.
How can I specify that on which core iwant to index data.

Kindly help!!

Neha Bhardwaj wrote:

> [...]

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: multicore

Erik Hatcher

On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:32 AM, Neha Bhardwaj wrote:
> Also how to index data in particular core.
> Say.. we have core0 and core1 in multicore.
> How can I specify that on which core iwant to index data.

You index into http://loalhost:8983/solr/core0/update or http://loalhost:8983/solr/core1/update

        Erik

RE: multicore

Neha Bhardwaj
Hi,
I want to index through commond line
How to do that?

On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:32 AM, Neha Bhardwaj wrote:
> Also how to index data in particular core.
> Say.. we have core0 and core1 in multicore.
> How can I specify that on which core iwant to index data.

You index into http://loalhost:8983/solr/core0/update or
http://loalhost:8983/solr/core1/update

        Erik

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: multicore

Akshay-8
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Neha Bhardwaj <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to index through commond line
> How to do that?

You can use curl,
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages?highlight=%28curl%29#head-c614ba822059ae20dde5698290caeb851534c9de

Akshay K. Ukey.

Re: multicore

Erik Hatcher

On Apr 2, 2009, at 8:47 AM, Akshay wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Neha Bhardwaj <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I want to index through commond line
>> How to do that?
>

> You can use curl,
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages?highlight=%28curl%29#head-c614ba822059ae20dde5698290caeb851534c9de

Or Solr's post.jar, setting the url parameter appropriately:

$ java -jar post.jar -help

SimplePostTool: version 1.2
This is a simple command line tool for POSTing raw XML to a Solr
port.  XML data can be read from files specified as commandline
args; as raw commandline arg strings; or via STDIN.
Examples:
   java -Ddata=files -jar post.jar *.xml
   java -Ddata=stdin -jar post.jar < hd.xml
Other options controlled by System Properties include the Solr
URL to POST to, and whether a commit should be executed.  These
are the defaults for all System Properties...
   -Ddata=files
   -Durl=http://localhost:8983/solr/update
   -Dcommit=yes