Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature

Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature

Rajinimaski
Hi All,

   Is this issue fixed in solr 3.6 or 4.0:  Faceting on all Dynamic field
with facet.field=*_s

   Link  :  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-247

  If it is not fixed, any suggestion on how do I achieve this?

My requirement is just same as this one :
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Dynamic-facet-field-tc2979407.html#none

Regards
Rajani

Re: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature

Jack Krupansky-2
The answer appears to be "No", but it's good to hear people express an
interest in proposed features.

-- Jack Krupansky

Rajani

Re: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature

Rajinimaski
Yes, This feature will solve the below problem very neatly.

All,

 Is there any approach to achieve this for now?

--Rajani

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Jack Krupansky <[hidden email]>wrote:

> The answer appears to be "No", but it's good to hear people express an
> interest in proposed features.
>
> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Rajani Maski
> Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:02 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature
>

> Hi All,
>
>   Is this issue fixed in solr 3.6 or 4.0:  Faceting on all Dynamic field
> with facet.field=*_s
>
>   Link  :  https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/SOLR-247<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-247>
>

>  If it is not fixed, any suggestion on how do I achieve this?
>

> My requirement is just same as this one :
> http://lucene.472066.n3.**nabble.com/Dynamic-facet-**
> field-tc2979407.html#none<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Dynamic-facet-field-tc2979407.html#none>
>

> Regards
> Rajani

Re: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature

project2501
You'll have to query the index for the fields and sift out the _s ones
and cache them or something.

On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 16:52 +0530, Rajani Maski wrote:

> Yes, This feature will solve the below problem very neatly.
>
> All,
>
>  Is there any approach to achieve this for now?
>

> --Rajani
>
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Jack Krupansky <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > The answer appears to be "No", but it's good to hear people express an
> > interest in proposed features.
> >
> > -- Jack Krupansky
> >
> > -----Original Message----- From: Rajani Maski
> > Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:02 AM
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature
> >

> > Hi All,
> >
> >   Is this issue fixed in solr 3.6 or 4.0:  Faceting on all Dynamic field
> > with facet.field=*_s
> >
> >   Link  :  https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/SOLR-247<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-247>
> >

> >  If it is not fixed, any suggestion on how do I achieve this?
> >

> > My requirement is just same as this one :
> > http://lucene.472066.n3.**nabble.com/Dynamic-facet-**
> > field-tc2979407.html#none<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Dynamic-facet-field-tc2979407.html#none>
> >

> > Regards
> > Rajani

Re: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature

Rajinimaski
In this URL  -  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-247

there are *patches *and one patch with name "*SOLR-247-FacetAllFields*"

Will that help me to fix this problem?

If yes, how do I  add this to solr plugin ?

Thanks & Regards
Rajani

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Darren Govoni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You'll have to query the index for the fields and sift out the _s ones
> and cache them or something.
>
> On Mon, 2012-07-16 at 16:52 +0530, Rajani Maski wrote:
>
> > Yes, This feature will solve the below problem very neatly.
> >
> > All,
> >
> >  Is there any approach to achieve this for now?
> >

> > --Rajani
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Jack Krupansky <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
> >
> > > The answer appears to be "No", but it's good to hear people express an
> > > interest in proposed features.
> > >
> > > -- Jack Krupansky
> > >
> > > -----Original Message----- From: Rajani Maski
> > > Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:02 AM
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Subject: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature
> > >

> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > >   Is this issue fixed in solr 3.6 or 4.0:  Faceting on all Dynamic
> field
> > > with facet.field=*_s
> > >
> > >   Link  :  https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/SOLR-247<
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-247>
> > >

> > >  If it is not fixed, any suggestion on how do I achieve this?
> > >

> > > My requirement is just same as this one :
> > > http://lucene.472066.n3.**nabble.com/Dynamic-facet-**
> > > field-tc2979407.html#none<
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Dynamic-facet-field-tc2979407.html#none
> >

> > > Regards
> > > Rajani

Re: Facet on all the dynamic fields with *_s feature

Rajinimaski
Hi Users,

  Any reply for the query below?