Faceting MoreLikeThisComponent results

wojtekpia
When using the MoreLikeThisHandler with facets turned on, the facets show counts of things that are more like my original document. When I use the MoreLikeThisComponent, the facets show counts of things that match my original document (I'm querying by document ID), so there is only one result, and the facets are not interesting. I tried changing the order of search components (facet after mlt), but that didn't change the behavior. How can I facet the results of the MoreLikeThisComponent?

Re: Faceting MoreLikeThisComponent results

hossman

: When using the MoreLikeThisHandler with facets turned on, the facets show
: counts of things that are more like my original document. When I use the
: MoreLikeThisComponent, the facets show counts of things that match my
: original document (I'm querying by document ID), so there is only one
: How can I facet the results of the MoreLikeThisComponent?

I don't think you can at this point.  The good news is MoreLikeThisHandler
isn't getting removed anytime soon.

What we need to do is provide more options on the componets to dictate
their behavior when deciding what to process and how to return it ... your
example could be solved be either adding an option to MLTComponent telling
it to overwrite hte main result set; or by adding an option to
FacetComponent specifying the name of a DocSet in the response to use in
it's intersections.

I think it would be good to do both.

(HighlightComponent should probably also have an option just like the one
i discribed for FacetComponent)

Would you mind filing a feature request?