Facets & Links

Matthew Runo
Hello!

Let's say I have a query which is returning facets. Let's say they
are various brand names, and map back to a brand_exact field in the

What is the proper format for the link that these facets should have?

something like..

solr.zappos.com/select/<all the original query stuff and
facets>&fq=brand_exact:VALUE  ?

Should I not be sending the same facets the second time to SOLR? Do
you remove the facet they've just clicked on?

  | Matthew Runo
  | Zappos Development
  | [hidden email]
  | 702-943-7833

Re: Facets & Links

Chris Hostetter-3

: solr.zappos.com/select/<all the original query stuff and
: facets>&fq=brand_exact:VALUE  ?

that will work (just remember to URL escape the brand name, and probably
put it in quotes too if you think it might contains whitespace.

: Should I not be sending the same facets the second time to SOLR? Do
: you remove the facet they've just clicked on?

depends on your use case ... if you've got a multivalue field you might
want to let people keep faceting on it more (brand probably isn't a good
example, but what if i pick "red" in a facet on color and there are
multitone shoes? .. i might want to see all the options for other colors
that i can have on my shoes.

-Hoss