Fetch parent and child document in solr 8.2

Fetch parent and child document in solr 8.2

Gajjar, Jigar

Hello,

I am trying to fetch parent and child document together in one Solr query, I was able to do that in solr 7.4 but same query does not work in solr 8.2.

Are there any major changes in the way that we are fetching children?

My requirement is to fetch parent and children both in one call.

I am trying

http://localhost:8983/solr/demo/select?fl=*,[child]&q={!parent which="cat_s:sci-fi AND pubyear_i:1992"}

what are the ways to retrieve parent child as nested documents?

Thanks,

Jigar Gajjar

OCLC · Senior Software  Engineer

6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, OH, USA, 43017

 M +1-408-334-6379

OCLC.org · Blog · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

Re: Fetch parent and child document in solr 8.2

Mikhail Khludnev-2
There are some changes in nested docs, a kind of named scopes, or so. The
query you provided violated of one of the block join principles. There
should be caveat panel regarding this in the doc.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Fetch parent and child document in solr 8.2

Gajjar, Jigar

 Hello,

I am trying to fetch parent and child document together in one Solr query, I was able to do that in solr 7.4 but same query does not work in solr 8.2.

Are there any major changes in the way that we are fetching children?

My requirement is to fetch parent and children both in one call.

I am trying

http://localhost:8983/solr/demo/select?fl=*,[child]&q={!parent which="cat_s:sci-fi AND pubyear_i:1992"}

what are the ways to retrieve parent child as nested documents?

We need to start working on it very soon, any help will be appreciated.