Fetch parent and child document in solr 8.2

Fetch parent and child document in solr 8.2

Jigar Gajjar
Hello,

I am trying to fetch parent and child document together in one Solr query,
I was able to do that in solr 7.4 but same query does not work in solr 8.2.

Are there any major changes in the way that we are fetching children?

My requirement is to fetch parent and children both in one call.

I am trying

http://localhost:8983/solr/demo/select?fl=*,[child]&q={!parent
which="cat_s:sci-fi
AND pubyear_i:1992"}

what are the ways to retrieve parent child as nested documents?

We need to start working on it very soon, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jigar Gajjar

Re: Fetch parent and child document in solr 8.2

Jigar Gajjar
some more information, in solr 8.2 it does not fetch child document only
when schema has _nest_path_ field defined
without nest_path it can fetch child documents.

--
Thanks
Jigar Gajjar