Field.TermVector usage

Joost Schouten (ml)-2
Hi,

I've just started with the implementation of Lucene in my Shale-Hibernate
application. From the demo I understand most of the Field constructor:

Field(String name, String value, Field.Store store, Field.Index index,
Field.TermVector termVector)

Except what the Field.TermVector termVector does and how it is used. Can
anyone give me lucene-newbie description on why and how I should use this
argument?

Thank you,
Joost Schouten
Director

JS Portal
Dasstraat 21
2623CB Delft
the Netherlands
P: +31 6 160 160 14
E: [hidden email]
W: www.jsportal.com

Re: Field.TermVector usage

Grant Ingersoll-2
Term vector allows you to store frequency, position, offset info
(last two are optional) on a per document basis so that you can
retrieve this info for any given document.  I have a powerpoint and
some examples of usage on it from my ApacheCon talk in 2005 at http://
www.cnlp.org/apachecon2005/

-Grant

On Jan 3, 2007, at 6:42 AM, Joost Schouten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just started with the implementation of Lucene in my Shale-
> Hibernate
> application. From the demo I understand most of the Field constructor:
>
> Field(String name, String value, Field.Store store, Field.Index index,
> Field.TermVector termVector)
>
> Except what the Field.TermVector termVector does and how it is
> used. Can
> anyone give me lucene-newbie description on why and how I should
> use this
> argument?
>
> Thank you,
> Joost Schouten