General Question

Todd - Speedy Scan
We are using Lucene its great and it will search in readable Adobe PDF files
after installing the Adobe I Filter. We are now trying

to search in a outlook email printed to Adobe PDF but it yields no search
results even though the text is readable within

that individual PDF, I guess it is some form of Ifilter required but I can
not locate it. I am just looking for some advice on how to do this.

Another general question - can Lucene be set to search on and locate on file
names in addition to text inside a file?

Regards,

SPEEDY SCAN COMPANY INC.

Todd McIndoo

223 Wall Street

Huntington, New York, 11743

800-655-2870

Fax - 631-824-9170

[hidden email]

www.speedyscan.biz

Re: General Question

Daniel Naber-8
On Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2007, Todd McIndoo wrote:

> We are using Lucene its great and it will search in readable Adobe PDF
> files after installing the Adobe I Filter.

Only if you write the code to access the filter. Lucene doesn't know about
converters, it only takes plain text.

> to search in a outlook email printed to Adobe PDF but it yields no
> search results even though the text is readable within

That looks more like a problem with the filter, not with Lucene.

> Another general question - can Lucene be set to search on and locate on
> file names in addition to text inside a file?

Sure, if you index the filename into a field and send the query to that
field (e.g. "filename:foobar").

Regards
 Daniel

--