Geo spatial clustering of points

Jeroen Steggink
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to clustering (or should I call it group) geo
spatial points on map based on the current zoom level and get the median
coordinate for that cluster.
Let's say I'm on the world level, and I want to cluster spatial points
within a 1000 km radius. When I zoom in I only want to get the clustered
points for that boundary. Let's say all the points within the US and
cluster them within a 500 km radius.

I'm using Solr 4.3.0 and looked into SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFieldType
with faceting. However, I'm not sure if the geohashes are of any use for
clustering points.

Does anyone have any experience with geo spatial clustering with Solr?

Regards,

jeroen

Re: Geo spatial clustering of points

ChrisAcky
Did you get any resolution for this? I'm about to implement something
identical.
On 3 Jul 2013 23:03, "Jeroen Steggink" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to clustering (or should I call it group) geo
> spatial points on map based on the current zoom level and get the median
> coordinate for that cluster.
> Let's say I'm on the world level, and I want to cluster spatial points
> within a 1000 km radius. When I zoom in I only want to get the clustered
> points for that boundary. Let's say all the points within the US and
> cluster them within a 500 km radius.
>
> I'm using Solr 4.3.0 and looked into SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFiel**dType
> with faceting. However, I'm not sure if the geohashes are of any use for
> clustering points.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with geo spatial clustering with Solr?
>
> Regards,
>
> jeroen

Re: Geo spatial clustering of points

David Smiley
Hi Chris & Jeroen,

Tonight I posted some tips on Solr's wiki on this subject:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialClustering

~ David

Chris Atkinson wrote
Did you get any resolution for this? I'm about to implement something
identical.
On 3 Jul 2013 23:03, "Jeroen Steggink" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to clustering (or should I call it group) geo
> spatial points on map based on the current zoom level and get the median
> coordinate for that cluster.
> Let's say I'm on the world level, and I want to cluster spatial points
> within a 1000 km radius. When I zoom in I only want to get the clustered
> points for that boundary. Let's say all the points within the US and
> cluster them within a 500 km radius.
>
> I'm using Solr 4.3.0 and looked into SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFiel**dType
> with faceting. However, I'm not sure if the geohashes are of any use for
> clustering points.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with geo spatial clustering with Solr?
>
> Regards,
>
> jeroen

Re: Geo spatial clustering of points

Jeroen Steggink
Hi David,

It's not exactly what I was looking for, but I will try it out to see if
it works for me. Thanks for your tips.

Jeroen