Get Config / Schema, 1.3-dev Broken?

Matthew Runo
Hello!

Recently, using the latest SVN code, it seems that the links to view
the schema & config files have been broken.

Urls such as /solr/admin/file/?file=solrconfig.xml result in a 404
error. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I just wanted to point
it out if so.

Thanks!

Matthew Runo
Software Developer
Zappos.com
702.943.7833

Re: Get Config / Schema, 1.3-dev Broken?

Ryan McKinley
add:

   <requestHandler name="/admin/"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers" />

to solr config, then check:

  /admin/file?file=solrconfig.xml

This is using a requestHandler rather then a jsp file...  CHANGES.txt
exaplins this too

ryan

Matthew Runo wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Recently, using the latest SVN code, it seems that the links to view the
> schema & config files have been broken.
>
> Urls such as /solr/admin/file/?file=solrconfig.xml result in a 404
> error. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I just wanted to point it
> out if so.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matthew Runo
> Software Developer
> Zappos.com
> 702.943.7833

Re: Get Config / Schema, 1.3-dev Broken?

hossman

: add:
:
:   <requestHandler name="/admin/"
: class="org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers" />

Actually, this seems like a legitimate bug to me ... 1.3 should work fine
for people using 1.2 configs, and the links on the admin screen should
work for people regardless of their config -- that may be tricky in cases
where they register multiple instances of the ShowFileRequestHandler, or
no instances, but for the simple compatibility case of a solrconfig.xml
that has a <gettableFiles> section, and does not already have an instance
of ShowFileRequestHandler registered, why don't we auto register one for
them using the <gettableFiles> list?

: This is using a requestHandler rather then a jsp file...  CHANGES.txt exaplins
: this too

there isn't currently anything about this in the "Upgrading from Solr 1.2"
section of CHANGES.txt ... i think we should fix this to be backwards
compatible, but if we don't we should call it out as a specific task
people need to do when upgrading.  I'll open a Jira to track it.

: > Recently, using the latest SVN code, it seems that the links to view the
: > schema & config files have been broken.
: >
: > Urls such as /solr/admin/file/?file=solrconfig.xml result in a 404 error.
: > Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I just wanted to point it out if so.

-Hoss