Getting TF-IDF from a match

João Rodrigues-2
Hello all!

I'm interested in getting the TF-IDF values of a given search for a given
document. I can "see" the parts of the scoring formula through the "explain"
method, but can I get each individual value? Like a hits.score, but instead
of Lucene's score (which is normalized, and as such, not good for me), the
crude TF-IDF score.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Getting TF-IDF from a match

Grant Ingersoll-2
explain() is about as crude as it gets...  :-)

I suppose you could put hooks into the scoring methods, or maybe the
Similarity class.  Your best bet is probably to look at how the
explain() method is implemented and hack it up for your needs.

Cheers,
Grant

On Mar 8, 2008, at 2:55 PM, João Rodrigues wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm interested in getting the TF-IDF values of a given search for a
> given
> document. I can "see" the parts of the scoring formula through the
> "explain"
> method, but can I get each individual value? Like a hits.score, but
> instead
> of Lucene's score (which is normalized, and as such, not good for
> me), the
> crude TF-IDF score.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com
Next Training: April 7, 2008 at ApacheCon Europe in Amsterdam

Lucene Helpful Hints: