Grouping results - set document return count not group.limit

Grouping results - set document return count not group.limit

Rajinimaski
Hi all,

    Is there any parameter which will set the number of document returned
after applying grouping on results? Like we have query.setRows for results
without grouping?

I know all the below functions will set to group param. But this will not
limit number of document returned. We want to get all the results belonging
for each group (group.limit=-1) and display only 20 records at a time(doc
returned should be limited to given integer). Anyway param to get this?

rowsintegerThe number of groups to return. The default value is 10.start
integerSpecifies an initial offset for the list of
groups.group.limitintegerSpecifies
the number of results to return for each group. The default value is 1.

Re: Grouping results - set document return count not group.limit

prakharbirla
Hi Rajani,

I recently tried to solve a similar problem as the one you have. (I think)
Solr doesn't support a param to achieve this because if we were to limit
the no of documents returned, to get the next result set the starting
offset of each group will be different based on the number of
documents/group in the first page.

My problem was a little more complex as I had to limit the number of
documents differently per group and paginate them together. We solved this
by using Solr 4.0 with a patch from JIRA (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1093) which allowed execution of
multiple queries in parallel threads along with a few enhancements that
have not been made public yet by the company I work for.

Prakhar Birla

Re: Grouping results - set document return count not group.limit

Rajinimaski
Hi Thank you for the reply.