Hacktoberfest

David Smiley
There is this open-source contribution incentive thing called "Hacktoberfest" --
If we merely add the "hacktoberfest" label to our GitHub repo here:
then we may see some additional PR based contributions to Lucene/Solr.
If a PR contributor mentions Hacktoberfest, we also then add the "hacktoberfest-accepted" label to the PR itself.  Example: https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1970  That PR is what exposed me to this program.

Can I get another PMC's +1 to the idea and I'll just edit our labels?

"Risks" are perhaps more PRs/contributions than we are used to, some may be typo in nature, and probably without JIRA issues.  Granted, trivial ones don't need JIRA issues anyway.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

Re: Hacktoberfest

Atri Sharma-3