Hadoop Certification Progamme

Matthew John
Hi all,.

Is there any valid Hadoop Certification available ? Something which adds
credibility to your Hadoop expertise.

Matthew

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

Esteban Gutierrez Moguel
Matthew,

Cloudera has rolled a certification program for developers and admins. Take
a look into their website.

Cheers,
Esteban.
On Dec 8, 2010 9:41 PM, "Matthew John" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,.
>
> Is there any valid Hadoop Certification available ? Something which adds
> credibility to your Hadoop expertise.
>
> Matthew

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

Jeff Hammerbacher
Hey Matthew,

In particular, see http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training/ for details on
Cloudera's training and certifications.

Regards,
Jeff

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Esteban Gutierrez Moguel <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Matthew,
>
> Cloudera has rolled a certification program for developers and admins. Take
> a look into their website.
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban.
> On Dec 8, 2010 9:41 PM, "Matthew John" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,.
> >
> > Is there any valid Hadoop Certification available ? Something which adds
> > credibility to your Hadoop expertise.
> >
> > Matthew

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

Steve Loughran
On 09/12/10 03:40, Matthew John wrote:
> Hi all,.
>
> Is there any valid Hadoop Certification available ? Something which adds
> credibility to your Hadoop expertise.

Well, there's always providing enough patches to the code to get commit
rights :)

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

Konstantin Boudnik-2
Hey, commit rights won't give you a nice looking certificate, would it? ;)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:12, Steve Loughran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 09/12/10 03:40, Matthew John wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,.
>>
>> Is there any valid Hadoop Certification available ? Something which adds
>> credibility to your Hadoop expertise.
>>

> Well, there's always providing enough patches to the code to get commit
> rights :)

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

James Seigel
But it would give you the right creds for people that you’d want to work for :)

James

On 15/12/10 17:26, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Hey, commit rights won't give you a nice looking certificate, would it? ;)

Depends on what hudson says about the quality of your patches. I mean,
if every commit breaks the build, it soon becomes public

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

Konstantin Boudnik-3

Right, the key words of my post were 'nice looking'.

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:28, James Seigel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But it would give you the right creds for people that you’d want to work for :)

I believe you meant to say "you'd want to work _with_" ? 'cause from my
experience people you work _for_ care more about nice looking
certificates rather than real creds such as apache commit rights.

> James
>

> On 2010-12-15, at 10:26 AM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>
>> Hey, commit rights won't give you a nice looking certificate, would it? ;)

>>> Well, there's always providing enough patches to the code to get commit
>>> rights :)

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

James Seigel
Yes.  Thanks for the correction.

James
On 2010-12-15, at 10:55 AM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:28, James Seigel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> But it would give you the right creds for people that you’d want to work for :)
>
> I believe you meant to say "you'd want to work _with_" ? 'cause from my
> experience people you work _for_ care more about nice looking
> certificates rather than real creds such as apache commit rights.
>
>> James
>>

>> On 2010-12-15, at 10:26 AM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>>
>>> Hey, commit rights won't give you a nice looking certificate, would it? ;)

Re: Hadoop Certification Progamme

Allen Wittenauer

On Dec 15, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> Hey, commit rights won't give you a nice looking certificate, would it? ;)

        Isn't that what Photoshop is for?