Hadoop-Kerberos aunthentication flow

Aneela Saleem
Hi all,

I have configured Kerberos with Hadoop. I'm facing difficulty in mapping the Kerberos architecture and whole flow of authentication to my application. Following is my usecase:

We have a web application that calls backend services, which communicates with Hadoop ecosystem internally. Now i don't have clear idea how the kerberos aunthentication will take place, where the tokens will be stored i.e., whether client-side or server side. How the credential cache would be managed,when two or more users access the application and access hadoop, because when we do kinit the old credential cache is replaced by the new one. What would be the complete flow? just like this

Thanks

Re: Hadoop-Kerberos aunthentication flow

Aneela Saleem
Sorry could not load the image. Please see the attached screen shot

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Aneela Saleem <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have configured Kerberos with Hadoop. I'm facing difficulty in mapping the Kerberos architecture and whole flow of authentication to my application. Following is my usecase:

We have a web application that calls backend services, which communicates with Hadoop ecosystem internally. Now i don't have clear idea how the kerberos aunthentication will take place, where the tokens will be stored i.e., whether client-side or server side. How the credential cache would be managed,when two or more users access the application and access hadoop, because when we do kinit the old credential cache is replaced by the new one. What would be the complete flow? just like this

Thanks

Screenshotfrom2016-07-12171018.jpg (33K) Download Attachment