Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Erich Nachbar-2
Guys,

I was wondering if people would be interested in an informal Hadoop
Get Together.
Could be just a simple format with people meeting someplace in the SF
Bay Area to exchange ideas.

Let me know if there is interest and I'll try to organize something.
Thanks.
-Erich

Re: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Milind Bhandarkar
We are definitely interested in such an informal get-together, and depending
on the interest, can help with the venue/logistics/organization as well.
Please reply to this list. Thanks.

- Milind Bhandarkar

--
Milind Bhandarkar
([hidden email])

Re: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Dejan Diklic-2
That would be a great idea. Maybe organize some talks on few important topics and lets get together.

dejan

Milind Bhandarkar <[hidden email]> wrote: We are definitely interested in such an informal get-together, and depending

--
Milind Bhandarkar
([hidden email])

Thanks.
-Erich

Re: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Ted Dunning-3

I might be... Depends a lot on whether I can swing the trip to the bay area
which in turn depends on when.

On 9/24/07 2:56 PM, "Erich Nachbar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I was wondering if people would be interested in an informal Hadoop
> Get Together.
> Could be just a simple format with people meeting someplace in the SF
> Bay Area to exchange ideas.
>
> Let me know if there is interest and I'll try to organize something.
> Thanks.
> -Erich

RE: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Joydeep Sen Sarma
+1

--
Milind Bhandarkar
([hidden email])

RE: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

C G-4
I'm enthusiastic enough about hadoop and meeting with others that:

  1.  I am willing to come to the Bay area from the east coast for a good meeting

  2.  I am willing to host a similar get together in the Boston area if  there are others out here interested.

  +1

--
Milind Bhandarkar
([hidden email])

---------------------------------

Re: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Torsten Curdt
Bugger ...there are some occasion where it sucks to be based in
Europe :)
Have fun!

>> Guys,
>>
>> I was wondering if people would be interested in an informal Hadoop
>> Get Together.
>> Could be just a simple format with people meeting someplace in the SF
>> Bay Area to exchange ideas.
>>
>> Let me know if there is interest and I'll try to organize something.
>> Thanks.
>> -Erich

Hadooplsa (was: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area)

David Biesack

Any Hadooper's going to OOPSLA next month? Perhaps we can organize a BOF.

Hadoop and MapReduce would be a great OOPSLA topic.

--
David J. Biesack     SAS Institute Inc.
(919) 531-7771       SAS Campus Drive
http://www.sas.com   Cary, NC 27513

Re: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Erich Nachbar-2
Okay,

Here is the plan. Let's start with a simple meeting at a bar around
Palo Alto.
I will provide tags, so people can tag themselves to show what
particular area they are interested in (worked really well at BarCamp).

While I think organizing something bigger is a great idea, I just
don't have enough Hadoop experience yet to know what the hot topics are.
We should plan to talk about something like a HadoopBarCamp/Hadoopsla
giving people from Europe & the East Coast enough justification to
come over to CA.

I'm trying to shoot for Thu. 10/4 and will send out a separate
invitation email with the details in the next few days.
Thanks!
-Erich

On Sep 24, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Erich Nachbar wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I was wondering if people would be interested in an informal Hadoop
> Get Together.
> Could be just a simple format with people meeting someplace in the
> SF Bay Area to exchange ideas.
>
> Let me know if there is interest and I'll try to organize something.
> Thanks.
> -Erich

Re: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Jim Kellerman
2007/10/04 works for me (at least for now). It's penciled in, but if
something else comes up before this is finalized, I'll have to pass.

Erich Nachbar wrote:

> Okay,
>
> Here is the plan. Let's start with a simple meeting at a bar around
> Palo Alto.
> I will provide tags, so people can tag themselves to show what
> particular area they are interested in (worked really well at BarCamp).
>
> While I think organizing something bigger is a great idea, I just
> don't have enough Hadoop experience yet to know what the hot topics are.
> We should plan to talk about something like a HadoopBarCamp/Hadoopsla
> giving people from Europe & the East Coast enough justification to
> come over to CA.
>
> I'm trying to shoot for Thu. 10/4 and will send out a separate
> invitation email with the details in the next few days.
> Thanks!
> -Erich
>
> On Sep 24, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Erich Nachbar wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> I was wondering if people would be interested in an informal Hadoop
>> Get Together.
>> Could be just a simple format with people meeting someplace in the
>> SF Bay Area to exchange ideas.
>>
>> Let me know if there is interest and I'll try to organize something.
>> Thanks.
>> -Erich

Re: Hadoop User Get Together SF Bay Area

Erich Nachbar-2
Great that you can make it, Jim! I'm already preparing my hbase
questions ;)
I'll make sure to send something out by the end of the week.