Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Charlie Hull-3
Hi all,

Haystack, the search relevance conference, is confirmed for 29th & 30th
April 2020 in Charlottesville, Virginia - the CFP is open and we need
your contributions! More information at www.haystackconf.com
<http://www.haystackconf.com>including links to previous talks, deadline
is 31st January. We'd love to hear your Lucene/Solr relevance stories.

Cheers

Charlie
--

Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Doug Turnbull
Just an update the CFP was extended to Feb 7th, less than 2 weeks away.  ->
http://haystackconf.com

It's your ethical imperative to share! ;)
https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2020/01/23/opening-up-search-is-an-ethical-imperative/

And no talk is too small, people often underestimate what they're doing,
and very much underestimate how interesting others will find your story!
The best talks often come from the least expected people & orgs.

--
*Doug Turnbull **| CTO* | OpenSource Connections
<http://opensourceconnections.com>, LLC | 240.476.9983
Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless
of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

John Blythe-2
Hey Doug. Do you know the pricing yet? Trying to get something submitted to
VP so I can take my team to the conference. Thanks!

John Blythe

Re: Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Charlie Hull-3
We're expecting prices to be very similar to last year - early bird will
be $300 ish for conference only and $2250 ish for conference plus a
training (we're running no less than 5 different classes that week
including Think Like a Relevance Engineer, Hello LTR and NLP) -
hopefully this will give you enough information for budgeting.

Speakers get a small discount too!

Cheers

Charlie

On 27/01/2020 22:21, John Blythe wrote:

> Hey Doug. Do you know the pricing yet? Trying to get something submitted to
> VP so I can take my team to the conference. Thanks!
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 14:54 Doug Turnbull <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Just an update the CFP was extended to Feb 7th, less than 2 weeks away.  ->
>> http://haystackconf.com
>>
>> It's your ethical imperative to share! ;)
>>
>> https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2020/01/23/opening-up-search-is-an-ethical-imperative/
>>
>> And no talk is too small, people often underestimate what they're doing,
>> and very much underestimate how interesting others will find your story!
>> The best talks often come from the least expected people & orgs.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 4:13 AM Charlie Hull <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Haystack, the search relevance conference, is confirmed for 29th & 30th
>>> April 2020 in Charlottesville, Virginia - the CFP is open and we need
>>> your contributions! More information at www.haystackconf.com
>>> <http://www.haystackconf.com>including links to previous talks, deadline
>>> is 31st January. We'd love to hear your Lucene/Solr relevance stories.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Charlie
>>> --
>>>
>>> Charlie Hull
>>> Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search
>>>
>>> tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
>>> mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
>>> web: www.flax.co.uk
>>>

>> --
>> *Doug Turnbull **| CTO* | OpenSource Connections
>> <http://opensourceconnections.com>, LLC | 240.476.9983
>> Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>
>> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
>> Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless
>> of whether attachments are marked as such.

--
Charlie Hull
OpenSource Connections, previously Flax

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.o19s.com

Re: Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

John Blythe-2
Perfect, thank you!

John Blythe

Re: Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Charlie Hull-3
Hi all,

You have until this Friday to submit a talk to Haystack! Very much
looking forward to your submissions.

Charlie