Hi, I want to make some contribution

Qichen Tu
Hi,all. Nice to meet you!

I am a master candidate of Peking Univ. of China, and major in distributed
system. Recently, I am very interesting in hadoop, it's a great project,
and I want to do some contribution to it.

Now I am reading the code of hadoop, but lack of necessary documents except
API doc, the process is very slow. So could anyone send some development
documents to me? for example, class digram, sequence digram or other
specification documents.

Thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Tu Qichen

Re: Hi, I want to make some contribution

youlq
hello Qichen Tu,

        I think there's no doc you want , the best doc to learn the hadoop's design and dev is the wiki( there are some intro,faq and paper):
http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOC/Hyperic+HQ+Documentation
        and the jira (all the dev issue is there)
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP
        and ,the mail list you reading :-)

-----Original Message Begin-----

>Hi,all. Nice to meet you!
>
>I am a master candidate of Peking Univ. of China, and major in distributed
>system. Recently, I am very interesting in hadoop, it's a great project,
>and I want to do some contribution to it.
>
>Now I am reading the code of hadoop, but lack of necessary documents except
>API doc, the process is very slow. So could anyone send some development
>documents to me? for example, class digram, sequence digram or other
>specification documents.
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Sincerely yours,
>Tu Qichen

-----Original Message End-----

        youlq
        [hidden email]
          2007-02-28

Re: Hi, I want to make some contribution

Owen O'Malley-5

On Feb 27, 2007, at 11:31 PM, Qichen Tu wrote:

> Now I am reading the code of hadoop, but lack of necessary
> documents except
> API doc, the process is very slow. So could anyone send some
> development
> documents to me? for example, class digram, sequence digram or other
> specification documents.

It is a bit out of date, but you can look at the presentations on the
wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/HadoopPresentations

-- Owen

RE: Hi, I want to make some contribution

Runping Qi-2

I assume you have read Google's GFS and Map/Reduce papers.
In case you did not, that will be a very good starting point.

Runping