Highlighting wildcards

revenge-2
Hi,

i'm using solr 1.3.0 and SolrJ for my java application

I need to highlight my query words even if I use wildcards

for example
q=tele*

i need to highlight words as "television", "telephone", etc....

I found this thread
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200704.mbox/%3COF8C6E2423.F20BAA06-ONC12572C6.003FC377-C12572C6.00427F8F@...%3E

but i have not understood ho to solve my problem

could anyone tell me how to solve the problem with SolrJ....  and with solr web (by url)?

thanks in advance,
   Revenge

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo

Re: Highlighting wildcards

Mark Miller-3
To do it now, you'd have to switch the query parser to using the old
style wildcard (and/or prefix) query, which is slower on large indexes
and has max clause issues.

I think I can make it work out of the box for the next release again
though. see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-825

Antonio Zippo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm using solr 1.3.0 and SolrJ for my java application
>
> I need to highlight my query words even if I use wildcards
>
> for example
> q=tele*
>
> i need to highlight words as "television", "telephone", etc....
>
> I found this thread
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200704.mbox/%3COF8C6E2423.F20BAA06-ONC12572C6.003FC377-C12572C6.00427F8F@...%3E
>
> but i have not understood ho to solve my problem
>
> could anyone tell me how to solve the problem with SolrJ....  and with solr web (by url)?
>
> thanks in advance,
>    Revenge
>

>       Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
> http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo

Re: Highlighting wildcards

Mike Klaas

On 21-Nov-08, at 3:45 AM, Mark Miller wrote:

> To do it now, you'd have to switch the query parser to using the old
> style wildcard (and/or prefix) query, which is slower on large
> indexes and has max clause issues.

An alternative is to query for q=tele?*, which forces wildcardquery

-Mike