How do I make an accent insensitive search

How do I make an accent insensitive search

Goethe
I've already searched all over the place here in the forum, but I didn't manage to get this to work.

I want to make the search accent insensitive, for example, I have a file with the word "resolução", and I want that the guy who types "resolucao" find that file.

I tried adding |analysis-(pt)| in the nutch-site.xml, the search.jsp has already the right charset, but nothing.

I appreciate any help, specially one very detailed.

RE: How do I make an accent insensitive search

Howie Wang
Don't know if there have been more recent changes to this issue.
I did this for Nutch 0.7:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-nutch-user/200602.mbox/%3cBAY102-F167F537EFF3E57703D0644F3FF0@...%3e

Then I changed my indexer plugin to call this class before indexing.

Howie

> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:54:25 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: How do I make an accent insensitive search
>

> I've already searched all over the place here in the forum, but I didn't
> manage to get this to work.
>
> I want to make the search accent insensitive, for example, I have a file
> with the word "resolução", and I want that the guy who types "resolucao"
> find that file.
>
> I tried adding |analysis-(pt)| in the nutch-site.xml, the search.jsp has
> already the right charset, but nothing.
>
> I appreciate any help, specially one very detailed.

RE: How do I make an accent insensitive search

Goethe
Hi, thx for the reply, how exactly do I that? and don't I need to change the webapp also?

Howie Wang wrote

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-nutch-user/200602.mbox/%3cBAY102-F167F537EFF3E57703D0644F3FF0@phx.gbl%3e

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star power.

RE: How do I make an accent insensitive search

Howie Wang
You can write your own indexing plugin that calls the AccentReplacer.
Just copy the index-basic plugin code. You'll call the AccentReplacer
on any string values before calling doc.add on them. See the Nutch wiki
for more info on plugins.

You could change the webapp to remove accents from queries either
by hacking search.jsp or by creating a query-filter that removes accents
from user queries, but I never bothered. If your users are largely
US/UK based, they almost never enter those accents when querying.

Howie