How do I secure solr server?

Mel Brands
Hi guys,

I run solr on a separate server from the application server and I'd
like to know how to protect it. I'd like to know how to prevent
someone from communicating to the server and also prevent unauthorized
access (through the web) to admin page.

Any help is extremely appreciated!! :)

Thanks,

Mel

Re: How do I secure solr server?

vanderkerkof
Hi Mel

One method is to limit the access to the web backend by only having it
respond to 127.0.0.1.

I'm not certain here but i think do that you need to add the limiting
access code in your servlet, which may be different.

For instance, we edited jetty.xml in our situation.

I hope this is of some help to get you  started looking, I've probably
got alot of terminology incorrect there, and some facts :-)

Might help though.

matt

On 21 Feb 2008, at 06:46, Mel Brand wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I run solr on a separate server from the application server and I'd
> like to know how to protect it. I'd like to know how to prevent
> someone from communicating to the server and also prevent unauthorized
> access (through the web) to admin page.
>
> Any help is extremely appreciated!! :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mel

Re: How do I secure solr server?

Thorsten Scherler-3
On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 01:46 -0500, Mel Brand wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I run solr on a separate server from the application server and I'd
> like to know how to protect it.

best with a firewall.

> I'd like to know how to prevent
> someone from communicating to the server and also prevent unauthorized
> access (through the web) to admin page.

I would not expose http://yourServer:8983 at all. I would use an Apache
httpd server as proxy and implement the ac there.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler                                 thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java                      consulting, training and solutions