How to Combine Drupal's solrconfig.xml with Nutch's solrconfig.xml?

How to Combine Drupal's solrconfig.xml with Nutch's solrconfig.xml?

savannah_beckett
I am using Drupal ApacheSolr module to integrate solr with drupal.  I already
integrated solr with nutch.  I already moved nutch's solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml to solr's example directory, and it work.  I tried to append Drupal's
ApacheSolr module's own solrconfig.xml and schema.xml into the same xml files,
but I got the following error when I "java -jar start.jar":

Jul 26, 2010 1:18:31 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: Exception during parsing file:
solrconfig.xml:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
following the root element must be well-formed.
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)

        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
        at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:110)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:130)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:134)

        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:83)

Why?  does solrconfig.xml allow to have 2 <config> sections?  does schema.xml
allow to have 2 <schema> sections?

Thanks.

Re: How to Combine Drupal's solrconfig.xml with Nutch's solrconfig.xml?

xiao yang
Why not using 2 solr instances? I've deployed 2 solr in tomcat with 2
solr home directories. They work fine.

Thanks!
Xiao

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:38 AM, Savannah Beckett
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using Drupal ApacheSolr module to integrate solr with drupal.  I already
> integrated solr with nutch.  I already moved nutch's solrconfig.xml and
> schema.xml to solr's example directory, and it work.  I tried to append Drupal's
> ApacheSolr module's own solrconfig.xml and schema.xml into the same xml files,
> but I got the following error when I "java -jar start.jar":
>
> Jul 26, 2010 1:18:31 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
> SEVERE: Exception during parsing file:
> solrconfig.xml:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
> following the root element must be well-formed.
>         at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)
>         at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
>
>         at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:110)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:130)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:134)
>
>         at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:83)
>
> Why?  does solrconfig.xml allow to have 2 <config> sections?  does schema.xml
> allow to have 2 <schema> sections?
>
> Thanks.

RE: How to Combine Drupal's solrconfig.xml with Nutch's solrconfig.xml?

Brian Tingle
> The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed

This means the file is not even well formed XML.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_element

schema.xml has a root element <schema> -- there can only be one.  I think you need to merge all the  <fieldType>s into one <types>

solrconfig.xml's root element is <config> -- you probably need to go through line by line to merge the files into one <config> section.