How to Combine Drupal solrconfig.xml with Nutch solrconfig.xml?

How to Combine Drupal solrconfig.xml with Nutch solrconfig.xml?

savannah_beckett
I am using Drupal ApacheSolr module to integrate solr with drupal.  I already
integrated solr with nutch.  I already moved nutch's solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml to solr's example directory, and it work.  I tried to append Drupal's
ApacheSolr module's own solrconfig.xml and schema.xml into the same xml files,
but I got the following error when I "java -jar start.jar":

Jul 26, 2010 1:18:31 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: Exception during parsing file:
solrconfig.xml:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
following the root element must be well-formed.
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)

        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
        at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:110)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:130)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:134)

        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:83)

Why?  does solrconfig.xml allow to have 2 <config> sections?  does schema.xml
allow to have 2 <schema> sections?

Thanks.

Re: How to Combine Drupal solrconfig.xml with Nutch solrconfig.xml?

David Stuart
Hi Savannah,

I have just answered this question over on drupal.org. http://drupal.org/node/811062

Response number 5 and 11 will help you. On the solrconfig.xml side of things you will only really need Drupal's version.

Although still in alpha my Nutch module will help you out with integration http://drupal.org/project/nutch

Regards,

David Stuart

On 26 Jul 2010, at 21:37, Savannah Beckett wrote:

> I am using Drupal ApacheSolr module to integrate solr with drupal.  I already
> integrated solr with nutch.  I already moved nutch's solrconfig.xml and
> schema.xml to solr's example directory, and it work.  I tried to append Drupal's
> ApacheSolr module's own solrconfig.xml and schema.xml into the same xml files,
> but I got the following error when I "java -jar start.jar":
>
> Jul 26, 2010 1:18:31 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
> SEVERE: Exception during parsing file:
> solrconfig.xml:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
> following the root element must be well-formed.
>         at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)
>         at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
>
>         at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:110)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:130)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:134)
>
>         at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:83)
>
> Why?  does solrconfig.xml allow to have 2 <config> sections?  does schema.xml
> allow to have 2 <schema> sections?
>
> Thanks.

Re: How to Combine Drupal solrconfig.xml with Nutch solrconfig.xml?

David Stuart
I would use the string version as Drupal will probably populate it with a url like thing something that may not validate as type url

On 27 Jul 2010, at 04:00, Savannah Beckett wrote:

> I am trying to merge the schema.xml that is the solr/nutch setup with the one from drupal apache solr module.  I encounter a field that is not mergeable.
> From drupal module:
>  <field name="url" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
> From solr/nutch setup:
> <field name="url" type="url" stored="true" indexed="true"
>             required="true"/>
> I am not sure if there are any more stuff like this that is not mergeable.
>
> Is there a easy way to deal with schema.xml?
> Thanks.

Any tips/guidelines to turning the Solr/luence performance in a master/slave/sharding environment

Chengyang
How to reduce the index files size, decreate the sync time between each nodes. decrease the index create/update time.
Thanks.

Re: Any tips/guidelines to turning the Solr/luence performance in a master/slave/sharding environment

Tommaso Teofili
Hi,
I think the starting point should be :
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors
For example you could start playing with the mergeFactor parameter.
My 2 cents,
Tommaso