How to add an Arabic language analyzer to Lucene

How to add an Arabic language analyzer to Lucene

Mahmoud Sakr
My group has developed an Arabic language analyzer in C#.net. The analyzed includes:
  - Morphological processor.
  - Synonyms dictionary.
  - Spell checker.

  We wish to integrate these modules into Lucene.Net. If anyone can help us to understand the required base classes and interfaces, please do.

  Mahmoud Attia

 Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: How to add an Arabic language analyzer to Lucene

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Hi Mahmoud,

That's great!  You should email the Lucene.net list, though.

Any chance you'll port this to Java?  Over at Lucene java, we'd love to have an Arabic analyzer.

By the way, how does your analyzer compare to AraMorph in terms of precission and recall?

Otis

Re: How to add an Arabic language analyzer to Lucene

Mahmoud Sakr
Hi Otis,

  thank you for your support. We did not compare our analyzer to AraMorph but I agree with you that it worth. I will forward this suggestion to the rest of the group.

  Mahmoud

Otis Gospodnetic <[hidden email]> wrote:
  Hi Mahmoud,

That's great! You should email the Lucene.net list, though.

Any chance you'll port this to Java? Over at Lucene java, we'd love to have an Arabic analyzer.

By the way, how does your analyzer compare to AraMorph in terms of precission and recall?

Otis

My group has developed an Arabic language analyzer in C#.net. The analyzed includes:
- Morphological processor.
- Synonyms dictionary.
- Spell checker.

We wish to integrate these modules into Lucene.Net. If anyone can help us to understand the required base classes and interfaces, please do.

Mahmoud Attia

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on  Yahoo! Small Business.