How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

alee2
Hello everyone, I need some help with the number of results that is generated
per group, what I need is to control how many results appear per group type,
currently they are sorting out a little bit in a disorderly way, and I can't
get that. end user see all categories, would you like to know if there is
any way for me to control how many results appear per group in the results
screen.

Image -1: Selected group by category option.
<https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/t495117/1.png>

Image -2: Results that are generated with grouping done
<https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/t495117/2.png>

I would need to enter the 13 categories in the results screen controlling 4
item by category, does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

Saurabh Sharma
You can use group.limit parameter to get required number of results per
group. This value is 1 result per group by default.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019, 7:58 PM alee2 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone, I need some help with the number of results that is
> generated
> per group, what I need is to control how many results appear per group
> type,
> currently they are sorting out a little bit in a disorderly way, and I
> can't
> get that. end user see all categories, would you like to know if there is
> any way for me to control how many results appear per group in the results
> screen.
>
> Image -1: Selected group by category option.
> <https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/t495117/1.png>
>
> Image -2: Results that are generated with grouping done
> <https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/t495117/2.png>
>
> I would need to enter the 13 categories in the results screen controlling 4
> item by category, does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

alee2
Where would I put this parameter ?

Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
This parameter referers to the Solr request, for example:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/result-grouping.html#grouping-by-query

Drupal should expose it in the API, I guess?

Cheers,
diego

From: [hidden email] At: 12/02/19 14:47:06To:  [hidden email]
Subject: Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

Where would I put this parameter ?

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

Erick Erickson
This is a Solr parameter, how Drupal allows you to pass it on would probably be a better asked of Drupal.

> On Dec 2, 2019, at 10:01 AM, Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This parameter referers to the Solr request, for example:
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/result-grouping.html#grouping-by-query
>
> Drupal should expose it in the API, I guess?
>
> Cheers,
> diego
>
> From: [hidden email] At: 12/02/19 14:47:06To:  [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]
>
> Where would I put this parameter ?
>

> --
> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]

Christian Spitzlay
Hi alee2,

judging from the first screenshot I think you are not on the Solr level at all
but on the level of a "Views" integration of a "SearchAPI"-based search
(which happens to be a Solr search in your setup).

I suggest you ask that question on https://drupalchat.me/ in the #drupal-support channel.
There is also a dedicated #search channel but in the general one the audience is larger
and this may be a "Views" question rather than purely a search-related one.

HTH
Christian

> Am 02.12.2019 um 17:18 schrieb Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>:
>
> This is a Solr parameter, how Drupal allows you to pass it on would probably be a better asked of Drupal.
>
>> On Dec 2, 2019, at 10:01 AM, Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This parameter referers to the Solr request, for example:
>>
>> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/result-grouping.html#grouping-by-query
>>
>> Drupal should expose it in the API, I guess?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> diego
>>
>> From: [hidden email] At: 12/02/19 14:47:06To:  [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: How to control the number of grouped results [DRUPAL]
>>
>> Where would I put this parameter ?
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

--

Christian Spitzlay
Senior Software-Entwickler

bio.logis Genetic Information Management GmbH
Zentrale:
Olof-Palme-Str. 15
D-60439 Frankfurt am Main

T: +49 69 348 739 116
[hidden email]
biologis.com

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. med. Daniela Steinberger
Firmensitz:  Altenhöferallee 3, 60438 Frankfurt am Main
Registergericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 97945