How to do facet search in lucene, NOT solr ?

How to do facet search in lucene, NOT solr ?

fulin tang
we are building a search system on top of lucene, and we are now
looking for a facet feature

So it there a easy way to do this ?

btw, we do not want to switch to solr just for this!

Re: How to do facet search in lucene, NOT solr ?

Li Li
I think you can read the codes of solr.
I guess you can implement a collect to get all hit docs into a
DocSet(bitset). Also getting facet fields into memory(doc id->field
value) then loop the DocSet to count it.

2010/8/30 fulin tang <[hidden email]>:

> we are building a search system on top of lucene, and we are now
> looking for a facet feature
>
> So it there a easy way to do this ?
>
> btw, we do not want to switch to solr just for this!

RE: How to do facet search in lucene, NOT solr ?

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah
Just check out this project
http://code.google.com/p/bobo-browse/
Warm Regards,

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
(Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com

RE: How to do facet search in lucene, NOT solr ?

Nik Kolev
You can also take a look at this:
http://code.google.com/p/bobo-browse/

I guess you can implement a collect to get all hit docs into a
DocSet(bitset). Also getting facet fields into memory(doc id->field
value) then loop the DocSet to count it.

2010/8/30 fulin tang <[hidden email]>:

> we are building a search system on top of lucene, and we are now
> looking for a facet feature
>
> So it there a easy way to do this ?
>
> btw, we do not want to switch to solr just for this!

Re: How to do facet search in lucene, NOT solr ?

fulin tang
sorry but the Bobo-brouse is too complex for me to understand

Will who please explain it to me how it works? Thanks!

梦的开始挣扎于城市的边缘
心的远方执着在脚步的瞬间
我的宿命埋藏了寂寞的永远