How to enter a search bar in the results screen

How to enter a search bar in the results screen

alee2
This post was updated on .
I need to insert a search bar on the screen that generates the list of
results, could anyone help?

maybe that might explain better, it would be the same as it is in the image, I would like to insert the search bar in the results part too

Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to enter a search bar in the results screen

Erick Erickson
What screen? The admin UI? That’s not intended to be user-facing at all.

Solr is an _engine_, not a user-facing app. All installations that I know of
that have user-facing interfaces have their own search bar and send
requests to Solr.

> On Aug 23, 2019, at 2:59 PM, alee2 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I need to insert a search bar on the screen that generates the list of
> results, could anyone help?

> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to enter a search bar in the results screen

Shawn Heisey-2
On 8/23/2019 12:59 PM, alee2 wrote:
> I need to insert a search bar on the screen that generates the list of
> results, could anyone help?

Can you be more specific?

If you're talking about Solr's admin UI, that is not designed to be
exposed to end users.  End users should never have direct access to your
Solr server.

Generally this sort of thing is handled in your own website, and
modifying that would be up to you.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: How to enter a search bar in the results screen

Angie Rabelero
yuo need the html? you need an html form, and something that process the request, it can be on the front dide like javascipt, or on the back end with the languge your’re using. The form is going to use a solr client that is going to send a request to your solr instandce,

Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com_Solr-2DUser-2Df472068.html&d=DwICAg&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=lUsTzFRk0CX38HvagQ0wd52D67dA0fx_D6M6F3LHzAU&m=117zvRQQ9duLzFXQDBzrQVfQMZICQTGebdLJUpZbE28&s=ub6up6t6l-v8VD3Q0orTGMspLkmjpLiaAJzzTp6wgsQ&e=

This post was updated on .

On 8/23/2019 1:08 PM, alee2 wrote:
> <https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/t495117/SCREEN.jpg>
>
> maybe this thank you later better

Whatever that is, it's not part of Solr.

You're going to need to talk to whoever wrote the software that drives
that website or program.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: How to enter a search bar in the results screen

alee2
This post was updated on .
I understand, basically I make a form and send it to Solr return the results, would that be?

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html