How to implement web dictionary in nutch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to implement web dictionary in nutch

bala  santhanam
1) How to implement web dictionary in nutch. i.e., if im searching for a word

"free downloas" google automatically offers me
Did you mean: "free downloads"  

Hence it is able to maintain a web dictionary and correct my spelling mistake. how to implement this n nutch. is there any classes available readymade.

2) Also, if im searching for "agentcy", searchengines offers
Did  you mean: "agency". but on using "agentcy" occasionally searchengines automatically adds the word  agentcy to the web dictionary. how that word is added. suggestions please.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to implement web dictionary in nutch

Andy Liu-3
I posted a patch for this a little while ago.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-48

It's a spell checker with a dictionary based on the terms in your
index.  I think this is what you're looking for.

Andy

On 22 Jun 2005 06:47:34 -0000, bala  santhanam
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1) How to implement web dictionary in nutch. i.e., if im searching for a word
>
> "free downloas" google automatically offers me
> Did you mean: "free downloads"
>
> Hence it is able to maintain a web dictionary and correct my spelling mistake. how to implement this n nutch. is there any classes available readymade.
>
> 2) Also, if im searching for "agentcy", searchengines offers
> Did  you mean: "agency". but on using "agentcy" occasionally searchengines automatically adds the word  agentcy to the web dictionary. how that word is added. suggestions please.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to implement web dictionary in nutch

Stefan Groschupf-2
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-48
>
> It's a spell checker with a dictionary based on the terms in your
> index.  I think this is what you're looking for.

Guys,
I would love to see that people are voting for issues,
since issue voting's are the (may only) voice of the community. :-D

I already voted this is issue some time ago and would love to see  
such a solution in the sources.

Cheers,
Stefan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to implement web dictionary in nutch

Andy Liu-3
If anybody has had a chance to play with this patch, let me know what
your experiences are.  There's always room for improvement.  Just post
your comments on JIRA.

Andy

On 6/23/05, Stefan Groschupf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-48
> >
> > It's a spell checker with a dictionary based on the terms in your
> > index.  I think this is what you're looking for.
>
> Guys,
> I would love to see that people are voting for issues,
> since issue voting's are the (may only) voice of the community. :-D
>
> I already voted this is issue some time ago and would love to see
> such a solution in the sources.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan
>