How to use encrypted username password.

Gangadhar Gangadhar
Hi,

   I’m trying to explore if there is any way to encrypt -basicauth or
encrypt username and password in -Dsolr.httpclient.config.

Thanks
Gangadhar

Re: How to use encrypted username password.

Joel Bernstein
Typically basic auth is encrypted using SSL.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 6:49 PM Gangadhar Gangadhar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I’m trying to explore if there is any way to encrypt -basicauth or
> encrypt username and password in -Dsolr.httpclient.config.
>
> Thanks
> Gangadhar

Re: How to use encrypted username password.

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Typically you'll place the -Dsolr.httpclient.config file somewhere restricted so there should be no need to encrypt it.
IF you encrypted the user and pass in that file, where would you place the secret decryption key for Solr to decrypt them?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com