How to use q.op

Bagesh Sharma
Hi friends , Please tell me how to use q.op for for dismax and standared request handler. I found that q.op=AND was not working for dismax.

Re: How to use q.op

savvas.andreas
Hi Bagesh,

Dismax uses a strategy called Min-Should-Match which emulates the binary
operator in the Standard Handler. In a nutshell, this parameter (called mm)
specifies how many of the entered terms need to be present in your matched
documents. You can either specify an absolute number or a percentage.

More information can be found here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxQParserPlugin#mm_.28Minimum_.27Should.27_Match.29

On 5 February 2011 14:27, Bagesh Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi friends , Please tell me how to use q.op for for dismax and standared
> request handler. I found that q.op=AND was not working for dismax.

Re: How to use q.op

Chris Hostetter-3

:
: More information can be found here:
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxQParserPlugin#mm_.28Minimum_.27Should.27_Match.29

in future versions of solr, dismax will use the q.op param to provide a
default for mm, but in Solr 1.4 and prior, you should basically set mm=0
if you want the equivilent of q.op=OR, and mm=100% if you want the
equivilent of q.op=AND

Re: How to use q.op

Billnbell
That sentence would be great to add to the Wiki. I changed the Wiki to add
that.