How to use the "eval" streaming expression?

How to use the "eval" streaming expression?

uyilmaz
Hey,

Can anyone give me an example on how can eval https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_4/stream-decorator-reference.html#eval be used?

Docs says it allows to run streaming expressions those created on the fly, but I can’t wrap my head on how an expression can be created on the fly, maybe unless it was stored in a field in Solr?

Best

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: How to use the "eval" streaming expression?

Joel Bernstein
You could have a program that writes a Streaming Expression
programmatically then use eval to run it. You can also save Streaming
Expression data structures: tuple, list, array etc... and eval them into
live streams that can be iterated.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 7:49 PM ufuk yılmaz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Can anyone give me an example on how can eval
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_4/stream-decorator-reference.html#eval
> be used?
>
> Docs says it allows to run streaming expressions those created on the fly,
> but I can’t wrap my head on how an expression can be created on the fly,
> maybe unless it was stored in a field in Solr?
>
> Best
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: How to use the "eval" streaming expression?

Joel Bernstein
This blog gets more specific with some of the ideas behind the eval
expression:

https://joelsolr.blogspot.com/2017/04/having-talk-with-solr-using-new-echo.html

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/