IOException when Crawling

Koch Martina
Hi all,
Whenever I run the Nutch crawler I get the following error message at
the end:

Exception in thread "main" java.IOException: Job failed!
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob
at org.apache.nutch.indexer.Indexer.index
at org.apache.nutch.crawlCrawl.main

Does anybody know why I get these error messages and how to solve them?
Thanks, Martina

RE: IOException when Crawling

Edward Quick

In my experience that usually means you've run out of space.

Ed.

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:30:40 +0200
> Subject: IOException when Crawling
>
> Hi all,
> Whenever I run the Nutch crawler I get the following error message at
> the end:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.IOException: Job failed!
> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob
> at org.apache.nutch.indexer.Indexer.index
> at org.apache.nutch.crawlCrawl.main
>
> Does anybody know why I get these error messages and how to solve them?
> Thanks, Martina

Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354027/direct/01/

Re: IOException when Crawling

Dennis Kubes-2
It actually could be a number of different things.  We will need to see
more detailed logs from the hadoop.log file to help further.

Dennis