=?ISO-8859-7?Q?Compass Framework?=

Marios Skounakis

Hi all,

I recently came across the Compass Framework, which is built on top of lucene. I
am interested in it because it stores the lucene index in an RDBMS and provides
transaction support for index updates (it also has several other features but
this is the part I'm mostly interested in).

I wanted to know if any people here have had any experience with compass and what
they think about it. Is the database implementation of the index fast enough and
does it introduce any additional issues/problems?

Thanks in advance,
Marios
---- Msg sent via eXis webmail

Re: Compass Framework

Raghavendra Prabhu
Database implementation of the index is always bound to be slow compared to
storing it on the filesystem.

Probably the group which stores indexes into Berkley DB should be able to
give you a performance measuer of what will happen you store indexex in
databases.

Rgds
Prabhu

On 4/8/06, Marios Skounakis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently came across the Compass Framework, which is built on top of
> lucene. I
> am interested in it because it stores the lucene index in an RDBMS and
> provides
> transaction support for index updates (it also has several other features
> but
> this is the part I'm mostly interested in).
>
> I wanted to know if any people here have had any experience with compass
> and what
> they think about it. Is the database implementation of the index fast
> enough and
> does it introduce any additional issues/problems?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marios
> ---- Msg sent via eXis webmail

Re: Compass Framework

chrislusf
As far as I know, Compass Framework does not store index into
database. It just index data when data pass Hibernate, iBatis, or
other layer.

So if you use these layers in your code, you can use Compass.

Chris Lu
--------------------------------------
Full-Text Lucene Search on Any Databases
http://www.dbsight.net
Faster to setup than reading marketing materials!

On 4/8/06, Raghavendra Prabhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Database implementation of the index is always bound to be slow compared to
> storing it on the filesystem.
>
> Probably the group which stores indexes into Berkley DB should be able to
> give you a performance measuer of what will happen you store indexex in
> databases.
>
> Rgds
> Prabhu
>

> On 4/8/06, Marios Skounakis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I recently came across the Compass Framework, which is built on top of
> > lucene. I
> > am interested in it because it stores the lucene index in an RDBMS and
> > provides
> > transaction support for index updates (it also has several other features
> > but
> > this is the part I'm mostly interested in).
> >
> > I wanted to know if any people here have had any experience with compass
> > and what
> > they think about it. Is the database implementation of the index fast
> > enough and
> > does it introduce any additional issues/problems?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Marios
> > ---- Msg sent via eXis webmail

We are looking for Lucene Developer in Pune-India

satish-6
Hello,

We are looking forward to add Lucene/J2EE developer to our core engineering
team at Betterlabs, Pune India. Interested one can send your resume to
[hidden email].

Regards
Satish