Icelandic support in Solr

Mikhail Ibraheem-3
Hi,Does Solr supports Icelandic language out of the box? If not, can you please let me know how to add that with custom analyzers?
Thanks

Re: Icelandic support in Solr

Charlie Hull-3
On 26/11/2019 16:35, Mikhail Ibraheem wrote:
> Hi,Does Solr supports Icelandic language out of the box? If not, can you please let me know how to add that with custom analyzers?
> Thanks

The Snowball stemmer project which is used by Solr
(https://snowballstem.org/algorithms/ - co-created by Martin Porter,
author of the famous stemmer) doesn't support Icelandic unfortunately. I
can't find any other stemmers that you could use in Solr.

Basis Technology offer various commercial software for language
processing that can work with Solr and other engines, not sure if they
support Icelandic.

So, not very positive I'm afraid: you could look into creating your own
stemmer using Snowball, or some heuristic approaches, but you'd need a
good grasp of the structure of the language.

Best

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: Icelandic support in Solr

Andrzej Białecki-2
If I’m not mistaken Hunspell supports Icelandic (see here: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/is <https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/is>) and Lucene HunspellStemFilter should be able to use these dictionaries.