In which cases will be words completely ignored?

In which cases will be words completely ignored?

Zsolt Koppany
Hi,

I have a strange problem: I have the impression that in some cases (but not
always) sometime words will be completely ignored.

I read plain text files and store most of them with:
  ... Field.UnStored("text", string);

Does lucene really index everything? I understand that some English words
are ignored (but they are always ignored).

I use lucene-1.4.3 under tomcat-5.5.15.

Zsolt

Re: In which cases will be words completely ignored?

Erik Hatcher
It all depends on the Analyzer being used for both indexing and
searching if you're using QueryParser.

Send us the details of some sample text and it's analyzer output and
you'll understand clearly.   Look up my articles at java.net and/or
Lucene in Action (www.lucenebook.com).

Analyzers are a lot of fun!

        Erik