Inclusion of MR-1938 in CDH3b4

Roger Smith-2
If you would like MR-1938 patch (see link below), "Ability for having user's
classes take precedence over the system classes for tasks' classpath", to
be included in CDH3b4 release, please put in a vote on
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/DISTRO-64.

The details about the fix are here:

Roger

Re: Inclusion of MR-1938 in CDH3b4

Todd Lipcon
Hey Roger,

Thanks for the input. We're glad to see the community expressing their
priorities on our JIRA.

I noticed you also sent this to cdh-user, which is the more
appropriate list. CDH-specific discussion should be kept off the ASF
lists like common-user, which is meant for discussion about the
upstream project.

-Todd

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Inclusion of MR-1938 in CDH3b4

Mahadev Konar
Hi Roger,
 Please use cloudera┬╣s mailing list for communications regarding cloudera
distributions.

Thanks
mahadev

On 12/15/10 10:43 AM, "Roger Smith" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you would like MR-1938 patch (see link below), "Ability for having user's
> classes take precedence over the system classes for tasks' classpath", to
> be included in CDH3b4 release, please put in a vote on
> https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/DISTRO-64.
>
> The details about the fix are here:
>
> Roger

Re: Inclusion of MR-1938 in CDH3b4

Roger Smith-2
Got it.

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Todd Lipcon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Roger,
>
> Thanks for the input. We're glad to see the community expressing their
> priorities on our JIRA.
>
> I noticed you also sent this to cdh-user, which is the more
> appropriate list. CDH-specific discussion should be kept off the ASF
> lists like common-user, which is meant for discussion about the
> upstream project.
>
> -Todd
>
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Roger Smith <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > If you would like MR-1938 patch (see link below), "Ability for having
> user's
> > classes take precedence over the system classes for tasks' classpath", to
> > be included in CDH3b4 release, please put in a vote on
> > https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/DISTRO-64.
> >
> > The details about the fix are here:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1938
> >
> > Roger