Increase Physical Memory in Solr

rhys J
I am trying to figure out how to increase the physical memory in Solr.

I see how to increase the JVM size, and I've done that. But my physical
memory is 97% out of 7.79G of physical memory, and I'm trying to index a
lot more documents as I move this live.

Is there any documentation that I've missed on how to do this?

Thanks,

Rhys

RE: Increase Physical Memory in Solr

Gael Jourdan-Weil
Hello,

If you are talking about "physical memory" as the bar displayed in Solr UI, that is the actual RAM your host have.
If you need more, you need more RAM, it's not related to Solr.

Gaël
________________________________

Rhys

Re: Increase Physical Memory in Solr

rhys J
On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 3:11 PM Gael Jourdan-Weil <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If you are talking about "physical memory" as the bar displayed in Solr
> UI, that is the actual RAM your host have.
> If you need more, you need more RAM, it's not related to Solr.

Thanks, that helped me understand what is going on.

I am going to ask to increase the RAM of the machine.

Rhys

Re: Increase Physical Memory in Solr

Terry Steichen
Maybe solr isn't using enough of your available memory (a rough check is
produced by 'solr status'). Do you realize you can start solr with a
'-m xx' parameter? (for me, xx = 1g)

Terry

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 3:42 PM Terry Steichen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe solr isn't using enough of your available memory (a rough check is
> produced by 'solr status'). Do you realize you can start solr with a
> '-m xx' parameter? (for me, xx = 1g)
>
> Terry

I changed the java_mem field in solr.in.sh, and that also helped the memory
issue.

Thanks

Rhys