Incremental indexing of database

anshuljohri-2
Hi,

In my project i have to index whole database which contains text data only. So if i follow incremental indexing approch than my problem is that how will I pick delta data from database. Is there any utility in solr to keep track the last indexed record. Or is there any other approch to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Anshul Johri

Re: Incremental indexing of database

Ravish Bhagdev
Can't you write triggers for your database/tables you want to index?
That way you can keep track of all kinds of changes and updates and
not just addition of a new record.

Ravish

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:15 PM, anshuljohri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my project i have to index whole database which contains text data only.
> So if i follow incremental indexing approch than my problem is that how will
> I pick delta data from database. Is there any utility in solr to keep track
> the last indexed record. Or is there any other approch to solve this
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Anshul Johri

Re: Incremental indexing of database

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
Did you take a look at DataImportHandler?

--Noble Paul

Re: Incremental indexing of database

anshuljohri-2
Thanks Paul, this is what I was looking for :)

-Anshul Johri

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् wrote

<ravish.bhagdev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't you write triggers for your database/tables you want to index?
> That way you can keep track of all kinds of changes and updates and
> not just addition of a new record.
>
> Ravish
>
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:15 PM, anshuljohri <mink.obelix@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In my project i have to index whole database which contains text data only.
>> So if i follow incremental indexing approch than my problem is that how will
>> I pick delta data from database. Is there any utility in solr to keep track
>> the last indexed record. Or is there any other approch to solve this
>> problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anshul Johri
>> --