Indexing Wordperfect 12 - WP 12 documents

Indexing Wordperfect 12 - WP 12 documents

Todd - Speedy Scan
Hello:

We have a client who wants to index Wordperfect12 documents but they are not
showing

Up in our search results - is there a parser we need, or do we need some add
on from WP

To make the text searchable and does anyone know of one?

Thanks -

Speedy Scan Company Inc.

Todd McIndoo

RE: Indexing Wordperfect 12 - WP 12 documents

Carrette, George
You might look at the document filter mechanism for WordPerfect for SQL
SERVER 2005 to get some pointers to the appropriate vendors that might
help you with Lucene.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/shane/archive/2005/11/29/77181.aspx

Since the SQL SERVER 2005 IFilter/IWordBreaker interface is documented
you might even consider, toy with the idea at least, of using a
particular filter *outside* of the context of SQL SERVER 2005, if it
turns out that no vendor supports a filter as a java class.

This article describes how to write an IFilter.

http://blogs.msdn.com/shajan/archive/2005/12/09/Extending-SQL-2005-Fullt
ext-Search.aspx

Obviously you are talking about some COM interface work under Windows.
Not the easiest thing to work with for most Java programmers. But
another issue could be intellectual property and licensing.

NOTICE:
This message may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. (FE1)

RE: Indexing Wordperfect 12 - WP 12 documents

Todd - Speedy Scan
Thank George:

I will have the developer look into these options.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Todd McIndoo
Speedy Scan Company Inc.